To help you understand a little bit more about what I do, I have organized a collection of my most commonly asked questions and recorded the responses below, called questions and answers.
I’m considering hiring a business consultant, where do I start?
The process begins with a client sending me an email. Once we have reviewed your business from the responses you submitted to me, I will set up a complimentary Consultation by phone, Skype or in person. During the process, we both determine if we are a good fit for each other.
How does business consulting work?
Unlike most business consultants I charge you based on the gross monthly percentage of sales. I feel that if you pay a consult a flat fee, or hourly that they can’t truly be motivated and do not have an invested interest.
What are the packages and payment terms?
We have one package and that we charge a percentage of gross sales. It’s that simple. Please contact us to discuss pricing.
Who might need a business consultant?
People from all walks of life find business consulting useful. I work with small business owners, entrepreneurs, and financial advisors. Many of my clients need help with automation, branding, marketing, financing, and general business planning.
What’s the difference between consulting and coaching?
A consultant is usually an expert in a specific industry, will give you answers to all your questions, and may even implement strategies and programs for you. A coach will ask probing questions to bring out your unique abilities, help you create a vision and plan for the future, and will stay with you while you implement changes. A coach holds you accountable for what you say you’ll do, gives you a push to do more than you would do on your own, and helps you overcome limiting beliefs that are holding you back from success.
How long do clients typically work with me?
Many successful entrepreneurs are finding that hiring a business consultant is the key to excellent performance, learning, and enjoyment. Therefore, they choose to work with me on a regular basis. Something to keep in mind is that any strategies put into practice today may take from three to six months, or longer to show results. The learning that takes place creates results that continue for a lifetime.
How can I be sure my confidential information is safe with you?
I do not talk about my clients, period. In addition, it’s not in my best interested to disclose confidential information or it directly undermines our performance together as well as makes are unemployed very quickly.
Who does the work? Client or me?
As a consultant, I will guide you, provide resources, encourage action, and be your accountability partner, and yes sometimes I will jump in the trenches with you. Remember, this is your business and the responsibility for success rests with you. If you are unable to complete a specific task we will determine why and find you the help you need, if that possible.
What are the benefits of hiring me?
- You will avoid many of the mistakes business owners make.
- You will accomplish more than you would on your own.
- You will achieve your goals more quickly.
- You will have a collaboration partner that doesn’t share in your profits.
- You’ll learn strategies to draw business directly to you.
What would it be worth to you if you knew that using our services could help you significantly increase your revenue in one year, or save you from paying large amounts of money to legal firms to defend a mistake?
What results can I expect working with me?
The results are dependent on you and your business. Here are areas you may focus on:
- Effortless Marketing – How to design a website that brings clients to you; copywriting that sells, search engine optimization (SEO), Internet Marketing, and Passive Income generation.
- Managing your business and living a life based on your values.
- Figuring out what you want and what you need.
- Developing a vision for the future. What will the better you look like?
- Developing your Unique Selling Proposition. What makes you unique.
- Networking – How to become known for what you do best.
- Marketing and creating a recognizable brand for your business.
- Marketing – Developing a Target Client Profile and an Ideal Client Profile.
- Sales – how to get more clients and close sales.
- Creating a move forward plan with meaningful goals that work for you.
- Organization – Organizing your day, your calendar, your office, your finances, and your life.
- Setting up Roles & Responsibilities for everyone in your organization
- Learning to Delegate.
- How to get paid effortlessly.
- How to set up Financial Reporting so that you know how your business is doing.
- How to have a Life outside of Work.
- Mitigating litigation and loss prevention.
Who are my ideal clients?
I especially enjoy working with entrepreneurs and small business owners, CEOs, independent professionals such as Financial Advisors, Attorneys, CPAs, Architects, Physicians, Acupuncturists and Chiropractors. Our ideal clients have the following attributes:
- Ready to be on the top of their industries
- Ready for action
- Committed to making profound changes in their lives
- Have a passion for their business
- Take responsibility for their success
- Are not risk adverse and recognize that successful entrepreneurs are willing to take risks
- Have a “Never Give Up” attitude
- Are prepared for each consulting call and call in on time
- Value our time and support
Do you ever fire clients?
Yes. If I feel that I am not providing any value we I end our relationship and may refer you to another consultant who may work better with you. I always discuss expectations with the client and allow time to make changes and remedy the problems.
Some of the reasons we have stopped consulting a client include:
- Repeatedly not calling in at the scheduled time or missing the session without prior notice.
- Repeatedly not being prepared for the appointment.
- A pattern of rescheduling appointments without 24 hours’ notice.
- A lack of respect for our time.
- Not taking responsibility for their actions.
- Lack of progress, repeatedly not doing homework.
- Repeated negative attitude or blaming others.
- A need for personal counseling rather than consulting.